Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Halloween-dressed suspects sought for Gilford, Ashland crimes
Gilford police were called to the Big Apple store at 4 Country Club Road just after midnight Sunday. Two masked robbers entered the store and pointed a handgun at the clerk, demanding all the money in the register. An undisclosed amount was handed over and the thieves fled on food, according to police.
Then, about 10 a.m. Sunday, there was an attempted robbery at the Circle K at 19 West St. in Ashland, according to Ashland Police Lt. Don Marren.
While the manager was in a backroom, security cameras recorded two people enter the store wearing the same masks as those worn in Gilford, Marren said, like the mask from the movie "Scream".
The clerk was fortunate she was in a safe place, Marren said.
"She had opened the door and gone in the back office," he said. "(The suspects) had originally seen her behind the counter."
Video cameras across the road at Ashland Lumber recorded the robbery attempt and showed the suspects drive away in a Volkswagen Passat, Marren said. That gave police enough detail to link the suspects to the Gilford robbery.
"We feel very strongly that the two incidents involved the same suspects," Marren said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
- Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 8
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
- Giants' blueprint? There is none - 0
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 15
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar