Science Cafe discussion group to debut in Manchester
Organizers said the first event will take place Nov. 5 at the Shaskeen Pub in downtown Manchester, and the Manchester version — Science on Tap — will take place once a month in the back room of the bar. The event will start at 5:30 p.m.
"It's kind of an after-work, little bit of networking and mingling. A scientist or expert will give a brief presentation, and then we'll have discussion," said Peter Gustafson, spokesman for SEE Science Center, one of the partners in the endeavor.
"We think this series could take off," he said.
Past topics have included genetically modified organisms, post-traumatic stress disorder, digital privacy, the science of polling, climate change, and cats vs. widllife.
Other Science Cafes are held in Portsmouth and Hanover. Plymouth has held one but has not scheduled another one, Brooks said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383