Science Cafe discussion group to debut in Manchester
Organizers said the first event will take place Nov. 5 at the Shaskeen Pub in downtown Manchester, and the Manchester version — Science on Tap — will take place once a month in the back room of the bar. The event will start at 5:30 p.m.
"It's kind of an after-work, little bit of networking and mingling. A scientist or expert will give a brief presentation, and then we'll have discussion," said Peter Gustafson, spokesman for SEE Science Center, one of the partners in the endeavor.
"We think this series could take off," he said.
Past topics have included genetically modified organisms, post-traumatic stress disorder, digital privacy, the science of polling, climate change, and cats vs. widllife.
Other Science Cafes are held in Portsmouth and Hanover. Plymouth has held one but has not scheduled another one, Brooks said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: History has a way of repeating itself, and we are doing that with a second 'Memories' book - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Those who do so much good for NH often go unnoticed and unrecognized - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Marmaduke's back — and so's Seinfeld - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Yanks' pitcher could have used AG's help - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: '3-G' may go, but 'Memories 2' is coming - 1
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax