Student teams will lead new anti-bullying initiative in NH
The New Hampshire Council on Developmental Disabilities has joined with motivational speaker William Harris to establish the program.
Once the student leadership teams are selected, they'll meet with Harris, a former student-athlete and 1978 basketball All-American who frequently speaks at schools about leadership, healthy choices, strategies for success and the team experience.
The student leadership teams and their advisers will meet regularly to develop a student-led anti-bullying program for their schools. "We aim to foster a positive school climate and change norms about the acceptability of bullying," said council member Tracy Walbridge.
The council also has grants of up to $500 available to support anti-bullying initiatives. More information about the grants and how to apply for them can be found at nhddc.org/smallgrants.html. For more information about the program and how to participate, contact Kristin Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383