Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Judge rejects no-contest plea for The Page owners
Owners of The Page Restaurant were prepared to move forward with a no-contest plea on charges alleging an employee served alcohol on a basement-level dance floor where a bar patron allegedly leveled fatal blows to 24-year-old Joshua Krantz of Dover by punching him in the head.
The decision comes as The Page’s corporation, New Adventures LLC, prepares to liquidate much, if not all, of its assets inside the downtown restaurant.
O’Neill is expected to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court early next year.
Instead, their lawyer, Matthew Stachowske, asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing that prosecutors had misinterpreted the law and weren’t allowed to bring criminal charges.
But Delker disagreed, concluding that jurors could determine whether the area of the dance floor was an area that the state Liquor Commission approved for serving alcohol.
Only the corporation is charged in the criminal case, not the individual owners, according to the indictments.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
- Derry medical corps to seek grant - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 0
- Foxconn to fund startups to develop wearable technology? - 0
- Tight pipelines hinder natural gas chance - 0
- Business Reel: NH Electric Co-op has pilot to charge electric cars - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424