Roger Brown's First & 10: Central-Bedford just like a playoff game
Central, which improved to 6-2 with its 42-30 triumph over Salem on Friday night, is No. 6 in the latest poll, which was released Monday morning.
Exeter moved from No. 10 to No. 9 after beating Timberlane 41-14, and Plymouth dropped from No. 9 to No. 10 even though it defeated Hanover 42-14.
ENTERING the regular season’s final weekend, three teams are still fighting for the two playoff spots in Division I East. Spaulding of Rochester (5-3), Exeter (5-3) and Winnacunnet of Hampton (5-3) are tied for first place.
SANBORN of Kingston clinched the first playoff berth in the program’s history when it beat Kingswood of Wolfeboro 28-14 Saturday. Sanborn, which has been playing varsity football since 2008, improved its record to 5-3 and will play Monadnock of Swanzey (8-0) in the Division II West championship game.
A DIVISION III playoff berth will be on the line when Newport (5-2) plays Mascoma Valley (5-2) in Canaan on Saturday. The winner will play Stevens of Claremont (5-2) in the Division III West title game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans