Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up, hockey down in polls
Fresh off a 31-13 trouncing of host Stony Brook, the Wildcats jumped four spots to No. 16 in the weekly Sports Network FCS Top 25 College Football Poll. In the FCS Coaches Poll, UNH is ranked No. 17, five spots higher than last week. UNH is 4-3 overall and 3-1 in the Colonial Athletic Association. UNH quarterback Sean Goldrich and Justin Mello hooked up for three touchdown passes, covering 15, 23 and 36 yards respectively.
In men’s hockey, the Wildcats dropped a 4-2 decision Saturday to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and fell out of the top 20 weekly USCHO.com Division I men’s poll. UNH stands at 1-3-1 on the season. UNH did receive 106 points from the pollsters, ranking them 21st overall, two points behind Minnesota-Duluth (3-2-1) with 108 points.
Three other Hockey East teams, UMass Lowell (3-3, No. 15), Boston University (3-3, No. 18) and Northeastern (5-1, No. 19) are in the top 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'