Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up, hockey down in polls
Fresh off a 31-13 trouncing of host Stony Brook, the Wildcats jumped four spots to No. 16 in the weekly Sports Network FCS Top 25 College Football Poll. In the FCS Coaches Poll, UNH is ranked No. 17, five spots higher than last week. UNH is 4-3 overall and 3-1 in the Colonial Athletic Association. UNH quarterback Sean Goldrich and Justin Mello hooked up for three touchdown passes, covering 15, 23 and 36 yards respectively.
In men’s hockey, the Wildcats dropped a 4-2 decision Saturday to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and fell out of the top 20 weekly USCHO.com Division I men’s poll. UNH stands at 1-3-1 on the season. UNH did receive 106 points from the pollsters, ranking them 21st overall, two points behind Minnesota-Duluth (3-2-1) with 108 points.
Three other Hockey East teams, UMass Lowell (3-3, No. 15), Boston University (3-3, No. 18) and Northeastern (5-1, No. 19) are in the top 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings