Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up, hockey down in polls
Fresh off a 31-13 trouncing of host Stony Brook, the Wildcats jumped four spots to No. 16 in the weekly Sports Network FCS Top 25 College Football Poll. In the FCS Coaches Poll, UNH is ranked No. 17, five spots higher than last week. UNH is 4-3 overall and 3-1 in the Colonial Athletic Association. UNH quarterback Sean Goldrich and Justin Mello hooked up for three touchdown passes, covering 15, 23 and 36 yards respectively.
In men’s hockey, the Wildcats dropped a 4-2 decision Saturday to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and fell out of the top 20 weekly USCHO.com Division I men’s poll. UNH stands at 1-3-1 on the season. UNH did receive 106 points from the pollsters, ranking them 21st overall, two points behind Minnesota-Duluth (3-2-1) with 108 points.
Three other Hockey East teams, UMass Lowell (3-3, No. 15), Boston University (3-3, No. 18) and Northeastern (5-1, No. 19) are in the top 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice