Home » News » Public Safety
Conval High School may expel teen who brought in gun
According to ConVal School District Superintendent Brendan Minnihan, police responded to Contoocook Valley Regional High School Oct. 23 after two other students reported to a teacher that a male student had brought a gun to school. The student was approached in a classroom and found to be in possession of a loaded hand gun, a revolver.
The expulsion hearing will take place at the end of the week and would be closed to the public unless the family of the student asks for a public hearing, Minnihan said.
“Their job is to weigh the totality of the evidence and how it occurred or why it occurred, if there is reason behind it, any intent, if that can be determined,” Minnihan said.
The superintendent said he appreciates how swiftly and accurately school officials communicated the event to parents. Staff members are reviewing the incident and safety at the high school campus to see where security can be added while still maintaining a welcoming school atmosphere, Minnihan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced