Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Deerfield man gets year in jail for attacking police officer
Stanley West, 41, of Deerfield was sentenced on Wednesday to a year in county jail for attacking a police officer outside of his home last December. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
He will remain free on bail while his case is being appealed.
West told St. Onge that no one called 911, and did not allow the officer into his home. He tackled him to the ground and repeatedly punching him.
West said no one at his home called 911, and that he and his wife were awoken by St. Onge.
“There is a history of trauma in his life and never been addressed before,” Samdperil said.Delker told West the records helped him better understand the circumstances leading up to the assault, but said that West should have handled the situation differently.
“This was a rage and an attack that was only stopped because shots were fired,” Reid said.
If West ultimately serves jail time, he will qualify for work release, the judge decided.
He also received a suspended 12-month jail term for a resisting arrest conviction.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917