Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Manchester man pleads self-defense in shooting
Police said a bullet struck 30-year-old Anthony Pedra in the lower torso, and the bullet is lodged in his tailbone. Surgeons at Catholic Medical Center reported they could not remove the bullet.
Ruiz said the men were big — he estimated at least 190 pounds — and said, pointing to himself: “I’m skinny.”
Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said that Ruiz provided police with a full confession after he was arrested Wednesday afternoon. He was spotted walking in the area of Beech and Valley streets and arrested without incident by Manchester police Detective Patrick Houghton and members of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Fugitive Task Force.
Court documents show the victim was able to identify the shooter from a photo lineup, but told police he knew Ruiz, who was his drug dealer for heroin, as “Jeremy Browner.” He said he’d known Ruiz for about two months and said Ruiz’ phone number was in his cellphone as “Browner,” which police were able to confirm after Pedra gave them permission to look through his phone.
In court, Pelletier said the two bullets that did not strike their targets have not been found. The gun used in the shooting has not been recovered. Police did find three .40 caliber shell casings and a live .40 caliber round at the shooting scene.
Court documents show the victim told police two people, a “large” Hispanic male with a beard and an unknown female, had witnessed the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reagan's would-be assassin granted more freedom - 0
- Drug addicts driving spike in robberies - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 3
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 2
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 1
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 1
- Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424