Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester man pleads self-defense in shooting
Police said a bullet struck 30-year-old Anthony Pedra in the lower torso, and the bullet is lodged in his tailbone. Surgeons at Catholic Medical Center reported they could not remove the bullet.
Ruiz said the men were big — he estimated at least 190 pounds — and said, pointing to himself: “I’m skinny.”
Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said that Ruiz provided police with a full confession after he was arrested Wednesday afternoon. He was spotted walking in the area of Beech and Valley streets and arrested without incident by Manchester police Detective Patrick Houghton and members of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Fugitive Task Force.
Court documents show the victim was able to identify the shooter from a photo lineup, but told police he knew Ruiz, who was his drug dealer for heroin, as “Jeremy Browner.” He said he’d known Ruiz for about two months and said Ruiz’ phone number was in his cellphone as “Browner,” which police were able to confirm after Pedra gave them permission to look through his phone.
In court, Pelletier said the two bullets that did not strike their targets have not been found. The gun used in the shooting has not been recovered. Police did find three .40 caliber shell casings and a live .40 caliber round at the shooting scene.
Court documents show the victim told police two people, a “large” Hispanic male with a beard and an unknown female, had witnessed the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424