Middleton to evaluate options of new school
The committee to Study the Feasibility of Withdrawal from the Authorized Regional Enrollment Area (AREA) Agreement - which began its work June 25 - is next scheduled to meet Nov. 5 at 6 p.m. in the Municipal Building.
Last March, Middleton residents voted for the district to study withdrawing after some people raised concerns about the quality of education — especially since the Farmington High School lost its accreditation — and the tuition rate to Farmington.
During the feasibility committee’s Oct. 8 meeting, School Board member Ken Garry said it is “inevitable” the town will eventually build a school because it’s the largest community in the state without one.
Garry estimated it could cost $4.9 million to build an elementary school for pre-kindergarten through grade 6. He said the district must look into how much it would cost to run the school and present residents with options.
At the time, it was estimated it would cost $4.8 million to build a school on the district’s 55-acres along King’s Highway for local students in kindergarten through grade 5, and $6.1 million for a school for kindergarten through grade 8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children