Home » News » Public Safety
Abigail search unites entire community in Conway area
This billboard on Route 16 in Albany made by Gemini Signs in Conway has been put up to help the cause. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
The sign is on a billboard visible from the northbound lane of Route 16 in Albany. The use of the billboard was donated by Ambix, a local company. The sign will stay on the billboard, Goodwin said, until Hernandez is found. She was last seen leaving Kennett High School in North Conway on Oct. 9.
"They are not leaving my truck until she's found," said Barron, of Tamworth. Barron doesn't know the Hernandez family, but said he has a young daughter and feels sympathy for Abigail's mother and family.
"This is a very supportive community, I can't imagine us not doing things like this," he said.
"I'm blown away by what I'm seeing in Conway," she said. "You just don't see this much of a community response in other places. If we could get half of this response in some places, we'd be happy."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 17
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'