Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins top Ducks in shootout
The win snapped Boston's two-game losing skid.
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott received a seven-game suspension on Thursday for his hit on Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson in an Oct. 23 game.
Scott had been suspended indefinitely while awaiting his in-person hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety. He already has served three of the seven games.
"Scott cuts across Eriksson and delivers a shoulder to Eriksson's head, making it the main point of contact and causing a serious injury," NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan said. "Although Eriksson is eligible to be checked on this play, he is not eligible to be checked in this fashion."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Nashua man held in home invasion
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass