Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: Boys take to NHIAA soccer tournament stage today
Round two of the Division III tournament takes place today at the home of the higher seeds and first round action kicks off in Division I, II and IV.
As is to be expected with an 8-9 battle, the records are close and the game projects to be as well. Laconia (11-5-0) and Kearsarge (10-5-1) did not meet in the regular season.
Both teams are 9-7-0 and did not meet in the regular season.
Keeping with the theme of the eighth and ninth ranked tussles lending themselves to entertaining games, in Division II, No. 8 Goffstown (8-6-2) will host No. 9 Souhegan of Amherst (8-8-0) at 3 p.m. The Sabers won 2-1 in Goffstown in the regular season meeting.
No. 8 Epping will host Gorham at 3 p.m. and both teams come in with 9-6-1 records. They did not square off in the regular season.
"It was really exciting to get my 100th goal," she said. "My teammates were so supportive. I owe it all to them because they set me up all the time."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options