NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrimack Valley, Windham advance
Merrimack Valley will face top-seeded Windham in the finals on Sunday at Beford High School at 2:30 p.m. Windham advanced with a 3-2 overtime win against St. Thomas Aquinas of Dover on Thursday.
“It was a beautiful pass, I was in the right spot,” said Thurber of the play by Davis. “We make a great team.”
Two minutes into the second half it appeared Lebanon tied the game with a slap shot off a penalty corner.
The goal was waved off.
Windham put pressure on St. Thomas early, resulting in five straight penalty corners. Taylor Powell scored off the fifth one to put Windham up 1-0 at the 8-minute mark.
St. Thomas kept applying pressure in the second half before Gabrielle Dodier scored off a long corner and put the Saints in front 2-1, setting up Windham’s late-game heroics.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 0
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 24
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 3
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council