Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Razor blade found with Halloween candy was from child's own pencil sharpener
Police had initially issued an alert Thursday night after learning the parents of a 12-year-old boy had discovered the loose razor blade mixed in with the child’s candy after going door-to-door collecting candy on Halloween.
"At this point in the investigation, it appears that this blade was already within the bag prior to the child leaving his house to go trick-or-treating," police said in a release. "The bag that had been used by the child was a backpack that was used regularly to carry school supplies, to include a pencil sharpener."
Police say it appears that the child’s pencil sharpener was removed from the bag before the Halloween festivities, and that it was discovered without the razor blade upon further investigation. Authorities believe the razor blade found within the collected candy was the same blade missing from the boy’s pencil sharpener.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424