Utility says it would bury power lines for project in Vermont
But critics said TDI New England's proposal not only disproves that claim, but could place Northern Pass out of the bidding since New England Clean Power Link would provide comparable energy to the New England market — without the community and political opposition Northern Pass has engendered.
"Northern Pass stands alone as the only project in New England that requires no customer subsidy and will bring clean, low-cost hydro power along with direct and substantial economic benefits to New Hampshire," he said.
Conservation Law Foundation staff attorney Christophe Courchesne said TDI New England's proposal "dispels many of the misleading arguments Northern Pass has made for avoiding taking the project underground that would make it much more acceptable to communities."
Gov. Hassan, who has criticized Northern Pass for discounting innovative technologies in favor of old transmission methods that could harm the state, believes the state must address long-term energy needs in ways that protect the state and region's scenic beauty and tourism-driven economy, her spokesman said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Manchester to raise driver's ed fee to $575 - 0
- Despite opposition from Common Core foes, Manchester school standards OK'd - 2
- Officials still seeking Hooksett/Pinkerton schools pact - 1
- Principal fighting ALS will work ‘as long as I possibly can’ - 0
- Pinkerton hosts teaching workshops on math Common Core Standards - 1
- Windhan high school groundbreaking ceremony set - 0
- Auburn officials say no to shared maintenance director proposal - 0
- New UNH, Great Bay CC partnership offers more opportunities between colleges without breaking the bank - 0
- Programs provide chance to explore night skies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester judge: Open store that sold spice - 3
- NH, Mass. governors think Market Basket Deal 'may be within reach,' spokesperson says - 12
- No access to spice has regular users complaining, police say - 11
- NH Fisher Cats creep closer to .500 - 0
- Houston Astros' Altuve towers over Boston Red Sox in 8-1 win - 0
- Nashua police chief defends new union contract, wage increases - 1
- In Hillsborough, history comes alive at weekend festival - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Keene woman charged with stabbing man - 0
Whole Foods poised to open in Nashua
Free state garden: Weeding is always good
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
'Chicken' arrested at Londonderry parade