Monarchs subdue Bruins
Manchester is 7-1-3 for 17 points. Providence fell to 4-3-2. The teams will meet again Saturday night at Verizon Wireless Arena at 7 p.m. for Canadian Heritage Night.
Their linemate, Tanner Pearson, didn't miss a beat, scoring a goal and adding two assists in the win. Jordan Weal scored a goal and added two assists as well.
Providence tied the game at 1-1 with its own power-play goal at 18:08. Alexander Khokhlachev notched his first goal, banging home a rebound chance past Martin Jones (32 saves).
Manchester added two more goals in a fight-filled second period. Nick Shore scored his second goal of the year at 3:02 to make it 3-1 and Andy Andreoff tipped a Pearson shot home at 7:45 to chase Svedberg in favor of Malcolm Subban.
Providence scored a power-play goal 32 seconds into the third period to cut the lead to 4-2. Matt Fraser scored the goal, his sixth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newly elected Manchester school board member sues ex-employer, the city school district, over firing - 26
- Beauchamp to seek recount in Manchester Ward 12 alderman race - 1
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: I kept it positive in election campaign - 13
- Mayor's salary hike proposal called factor in city charter defeat - 4
- Winning Nashua Board of Education candidates weigh Common Core effect - 1
- Election marks a new era in Nashua - 0
- Claremont reelects incumbents, approves charter commission - 0
- Mix-up changes outcome of Dover school board race: Soule McCammon wins - 0
- Editor of free newspaper elected mayor of Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice