Monarchs, B's have home-and-home series this weekend
The teams meet in Providence tonight at 7 p.m. and then Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Verizon Wireless Arena.
“It creates a little bit of a rivalry, which creates more of a playoff atmosphere,” said forward Brandon Kozun. “It’s a good team. We know they have a lot of firepower and we have to make sure we’re ready.”
The teams have already played two games that went to a shootout, with the Monarchs winning both.
One Bruins prospect off to a rough start is goalie Malcolm Subban. The 19-year-old first round pick has played in just two games, giving up four goals each time and struggling with a save percentage of .879.
After this weekend, the Monarchs will be off until a road trip to St. John’s for a pair of games next weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newly elected Manchester school board member sues ex-employer, the city school district, over firing - 26
- Beauchamp to seek recount in Manchester Ward 12 alderman race - 1
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: I kept it positive in election campaign - 13
- Mayor's salary hike proposal called factor in city charter defeat - 4
- Winning Nashua Board of Education candidates weigh Common Core effect - 1
- Election marks a new era in Nashua - 0
- Claremont reelects incumbents, approves charter commission - 0
- Mix-up changes outcome of Dover school board race: Soule McCammon wins - 0
- Editor of free newspaper elected mayor of Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice