Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Manchester Mayor Q&A
1) What is the most important issue facing the city?
2) Do you support hiring additional police officers? If so, how would you propose funding the positions?
3) What are your thoughts on the tax cap?
Relevant experience: Current Mayor, former Aldermen, past State Senator, former small business owner and entrepreneur.
1) We must resolve the remaining contract issues with our teachers. We must sit down and come to a common understanding about where we are and where we are going to resolve the outstanding issues so we can collectively work together to surpass the goals we have set for city students. As your Mayor I have seen first-hand that we have the best students in the state, the best schools in the state, the best teachers, principals and administrators in the state and we have proven time after time that we exceed all expectations when we work together.
Relevant experience: Proud father and husband; two-term Manchester alderman; chair, BMA Committee on Jobs & Economic Development; member, BMA Committee on Finance
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'