Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Arrest made after Keene bicyclist struck and killed in early morning hit-and-run
Police identified the victim as Keon E. Ioannou.
Police arrested Tracy A. Burroughs, 41, of Marlborough Street, Keene, and charged her with felony negligent homicide and one felony count of leaving the scene of a fatal accident.
According to a press release, Ioannou was riding his bike just east of Graves Road shortly before 2 a.m. when he was struck by a vehicle. Police said the driver apparently made no attempt to stop before or after the collision.
When emergency responders arrived at the accident scene, Ioannou was dead, police said.
Police said evidence at the scene indicated the vehicle involved was a white Saturn.
Burroughs is being held at Cheshire County jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment Monday in 8th Circuit Court, Keene District.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call Officer Joel Chidester or Officer Collin Zamore at 357-9813.
Information can also be provided anonymously at: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917