Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Arrest made after Keene bicyclist struck and killed in early morning hit-and-run
Police identified the victim as Keon E. Ioannou.
Police arrested Tracy A. Burroughs, 41, of Marlborough Street, Keene, and charged her with felony negligent homicide and one felony count of leaving the scene of a fatal accident.
According to a press release, Ioannou was riding his bike just east of Graves Road shortly before 2 a.m. when he was struck by a vehicle. Police said the driver apparently made no attempt to stop before or after the collision.
When emergency responders arrived at the accident scene, Ioannou was dead, police said.
Police said evidence at the scene indicated the vehicle involved was a white Saturn.
Burroughs is being held at Cheshire County jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment Monday in 8th Circuit Court, Keene District.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call Officer Joel Chidester or Officer Collin Zamore at 357-9813.
Information can also be provided anonymously at: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424