Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester market robbed for a third time in 11 days
Police don't know if the same man is responsible for all three robberies at the 912 Somerville St. market, but investigators said the description of the gunman bears a resemblance to the man in the other two robberies. It suggests the three robberies may be connected but police said they have not confirmed it.
Saturday's robbery happened about 7 p.m. The 24-year-old clerk told police a masked man armed with a gun robbed the store of cash and cigarettes. The man entered the store, pointed the gun at the clerk, told him to go behind the counter and remove the cash from the register.
He also told the clerk to give him his wallet, but when he was shown it was empty, he didn't take it. Instead, he demanded cigarettes and then fled the store with the cash and a carton of Newports and a carton of Camel Blue.
The robber is described as a 24-year-old black man, about 6-foot-2, with a medium build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a black baseball cap, a black bandanna over his face, black gloves with white markings on top and black pants. He wore black and red sneakers.
The other robberies happened on Oct. 18 and Oct. 22. The store also was robbed on Jan. 28 by a man armed with a shotgun.
Anyone with information about any of the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council