Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Defense tries to have evidence tossed in child sex assault case
Defense lawyer Robert Watkins (left) questioned Plaistow Detective George Wickson about his own criminal charges pending in Rockingham County Superior Court. JAMES A. KIMBLE
Defense lawyer Robert Watkins argued that evidence leading to Beausoleil's arrest should be thrown out of court.
Wickson, 40, was indicted by a grand jury in October on charges accusing him of holding a knife to the neck of a 22-year-old man in Newton, groping a 21-year-old woman and throwing a beer at another woman during an off-duty incident in May. Wickson has been suspended without pay.
"No, I am not gaining any benefit," Wickson said.
He was called to testify on Friday because the defense is challenging the detective's decision to show the young girl only a single photo of a man believed to be Beausoleil taken from store surveillance footage.
"Children inherently want to please adults and want to be cooperative," Watkins said.
The girl was taken to Lawrence General Hospital following the assault. Wickson briefly questioned her at the hospital and showed her a photograph he had taken from store surveillance footage.
Assistant County Attorney Jennifer Kunsch said to Judge N. William Delker that the defense failed to meet its legal burden to demonstrate how exactly Beausoleil's rights were violated when Wickson showed a photograph of only one suspect to the girl. "The investigation is trying to rule out a suspect and identify who this person is on camera," she said.
Beausoleil, a registered sex offender in Massachusetts, faces charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and felonious sexual assault in the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483