Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Defense tries to have evidence tossed in child sex assault case
Defense lawyer Robert Watkins argued that evidence leading to Beausoleil's arrest should be thrown out of court.
Wickson, 40, was indicted by a grand jury in October on charges accusing him of holding a knife to the neck of a 22-year-old man in Newton, groping a 21-year-old woman and throwing a beer at another woman during an off-duty incident in May. Wickson has been suspended without pay.
"No, I am not gaining any benefit," Wickson said.
He was called to testify on Friday because the defense is challenging the detective's decision to show the young girl only a single photo of a man believed to be Beausoleil taken from store surveillance footage.
"Children inherently want to please adults and want to be cooperative," Watkins said.
The girl was taken to Lawrence General Hospital following the assault. Wickson briefly questioned her at the hospital and showed her a photograph he had taken from store surveillance footage.
Assistant County Attorney Jennifer Kunsch said to Judge N. William Delker that the defense failed to meet its legal burden to demonstrate how exactly Beausoleil's rights were violated when Wickson showed a photograph of only one suspect to the girl. "The investigation is trying to rule out a suspect and identify who this person is on camera," she said.
Beausoleil, a registered sex offender in Massachusetts, faces charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and felonious sexual assault in the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424