High School Roundup: Pembroke, Windham boys advance
Hanover 4, Timberlane 1: Top-ranked and unbeaten Hanover advanced to the Division I boys' soccer semifinals with a win over visiting Timberlane of Plaistow.
Hanover got two goals from senior Xavier Tchana and single tallies from Rocco Linehan and Evan Greenwald to build a 4-0 lead. Timberlane (10-8-0) got a late goal from Ben Enos. Division IIISanborn 3, Stevens 2 (OT): In Claremont, Kyle Lord, Micah Peterson, Jon Brown, Shaun Howard and Abe Scully each scored a penalty kick to lead 14th-ranked Sanborn to the semifinals for the first time since 2008.
Derryfield 2, Lisbon 0: At Manchester, Griffin Phaneuf and Jack St. Jean scored for No. 3 Derryfield (15-2-1). Lisbon (8-6-4) goalkeeper Josh Deem made 10 saves. Derryfield goalie Tommy Cissel stopped seven.Woodsville 1, Gorham 0: At Woodsville, Mike Dennis scored off a feed from David Bazzell in the 36th minute and goalkeeper Tom D'Angelo made 12 saves to make it stand up for No. 1 Woodsville (16-1-1).
Bedford 2, Manchester Central 1 (OT): At Bedford Saturday, Seanna Gosselin's second goal of the game gave No. 3 Bedford the win. No. 6 Central got its goal from Sarah Thompson in the sixth minute.
Inter-Lakes 3, Campbell 0: At Litchfield, visiting No. 5 Inter-Lakes of Meredith defeated No. 4 Campbell Saturday in straight sets. Senior Jordan Donohue had 19 kills to lead Inter-Lakes. Brianna Hardy had 10 kills for Campbell.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
There are no little jobs in the armed forces
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch