Former Manchester parks director Clem Lemire remembered
Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas said "Lemire will be missed. When he was in charge of Parks and Recreation, he was always at every event. Whether it was Babe Ruth, American Legion, ice hockey, you name it, Clem had the place ready and he was always in attendance in case something needed to be done."
Ludwig also recalled Lemire as a hands-on outdoor enthusiast. "He'd take a chainsaw out of his car and get the job done," he said, adding with a laugh, "He probably took few pieces of wood home to burn."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.