Hundreds attend funeral of Keene restaurant owner
Friends and family members said goodbye to Keene chef and restaurant owner Keon Ioannou at a funeral service at Saint George Greek Orthodox Hellenic Hall Tuesday morning. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
The approximately 40-minute service included traditional chants and prayers in Greek.
“It was very nice. It was traditional. It was full. Standing room only,” said Jaime Tussing, who said he met Ioannou when he moved to Keene 12 years ago.
Ioannou is also known to his friends for his generosity. When Tussing was in-between apartments, Ioannou opened his home up to him, he said.
Burroughs was arrested Saturday morning on felony charges of conduct after an accident — leaving the scene of a fatal accident — and negligent homicide. Police are still investigating whether to add a charge of driving while intoxicated.
Tuesday, a district court clerk said the probable cause hearing is set to take place Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'