Hundreds attend funeral of Keene restaurant owner
Friends and family members said goodbye to Keene chef and restaurant owner Keon Ioannou at a funeral service at Saint George Greek Orthodox Hellenic Hall Tuesday morning. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
The approximately 40-minute service included traditional chants and prayers in Greek.
“It was very nice. It was traditional. It was full. Standing room only,” said Jaime Tussing, who said he met Ioannou when he moved to Keene 12 years ago.
Ioannou is also known to his friends for his generosity. When Tussing was in-between apartments, Ioannou opened his home up to him, he said.
Burroughs was arrested Saturday morning on felony charges of conduct after an accident — leaving the scene of a fatal accident — and negligent homicide. Police are still investigating whether to add a charge of driving while intoxicated.
Tuesday, a district court clerk said the probable cause hearing is set to take place Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ryan Pitts: Reluctant hero - 0
- Relief and questions: Abby Hernandez returns home - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 56
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 3
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 33
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 8
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 36
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507