Hundreds attend funeral of Keene restaurant owner
Friends and family members said goodbye to Keene chef and restaurant owner Keon Ioannou at a funeral service at Saint George Greek Orthodox Hellenic Hall Tuesday morning. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
The approximately 40-minute service included traditional chants and prayers in Greek.
“It was very nice. It was traditional. It was full. Standing room only,” said Jaime Tussing, who said he met Ioannou when he moved to Keene 12 years ago.
Ioannou is also known to his friends for his generosity. When Tussing was in-between apartments, Ioannou opened his home up to him, he said.
Burroughs was arrested Saturday morning on felony charges of conduct after an accident — leaving the scene of a fatal accident — and negligent homicide. Police are still investigating whether to add a charge of driving while intoxicated.
Tuesday, a district court clerk said the probable cause hearing is set to take place Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change