Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Seabrook mother accused of trying to kill kids may plead insanity
Wendy Wright, 33, notified a judge that an insanity defense may be used in her attempted murder trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Wright is accused of feeding bleach to her 7-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son on June 18. She allegedly told the children they were taking medicine but later told police she was trying to “save” them, according to police.
Wright is also facing two counts of attempted first-degree assault.
If Wright formally enters an insanity plea, then the burden will be on prosecutors to prove that she was sane at the time of the offense.
“I don’t want to live. I really love my kids but I wanted to save them from everyone else,” Wright allegedly told a police officer who responded to her home.
“I called the police when my wife and I smelled bleach, and the girl admitted her eyes burned because (her) mother made them take bleach,” Wooley told police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Most charges dropped against North Haverhill man who threatened officers during standoff - 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Man faces charges in Rochester and Somersworth - 0
- Manchester chief turns to community to help fight gangs - 16
- City man arrested in shooting incident - 0
- Teen, 19, stabbed in Concord; man charged in Rochester choking - 0
- Grieving Epping mother continues lonely vigil for son - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Total Votes: 917