Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Seabrook mother accused of trying to kill kids may plead insanity
Wendy Wright, 33, notified a judge that an insanity defense may be used in her attempted murder trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Wright is accused of feeding bleach to her 7-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son on June 18. She allegedly told the children they were taking medicine but later told police she was trying to “save” them, according to police.
Wright is also facing two counts of attempted first-degree assault.
If Wright formally enters an insanity plea, then the burden will be on prosecutors to prove that she was sane at the time of the offense.
“I don’t want to live. I really love my kids but I wanted to save them from everyone else,” Wright allegedly told a police officer who responded to her home.
“I called the police when my wife and I smelled bleach, and the girl admitted her eyes burned because (her) mother made them take bleach,” Wooley told police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917