Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Seabrook mother accused of trying to kill kids may plead insanity
Wendy Wright, 33, notified a judge that an insanity defense may be used in her attempted murder trial in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Wright is accused of feeding bleach to her 7-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son on June 18. She allegedly told the children they were taking medicine but later told police she was trying to “save” them, according to police.
Wright is also facing two counts of attempted first-degree assault.
If Wright formally enters an insanity plea, then the burden will be on prosecutors to prove that she was sane at the time of the offense.
“I don’t want to live. I really love my kids but I wanted to save them from everyone else,” Wright allegedly told a police officer who responded to her home.
“I called the police when my wife and I smelled bleach, and the girl admitted her eyes burned because (her) mother made them take bleach,” Wooley told police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief