Home » News » Politics » Election 2013
Milton fire chief hopes voters step up for new station
Last year, a $2.7 million proposal to replace the town’s aging fire station — which is comprised of a 200-year-old horse barn with an addition built in the 1950s — narrowly missed the required three-fifths majority. It was the fourth proposal since 2007 to fail to garner the 60 percent super majority.
While Marique said the town has kept the existing station well-maintained, he believes firefighters have done all they can.
A few years ago, police moved out the building to a new home on Townhouse Road. While this freed up space for firefighters, it did not affect the physical condition of the building.
Additionally, Marique said firefighters must follow strict parking and exiting procedures to ensure the safety of personnel, equipment and the building itself. Despite the precautions, he added accidents have broken some side mirrors and occasionally damaged garage doorways.
For more information, visit http://www.miltonfirestation.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 4
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 68
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'