Home » News » Public Safety
Strafford house fire that caused $70,000 worth of damage under investigation
Firefighters and police returned to the scene Monday morning to begin investigating with members of the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Whitehouse said this includes two people who were reportedly inside the home when the fire began.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters from Barnstead, Barrington, Candia, Chichester, Epsom, Farmington, Northwood and Nottingham. Firefighters from New Durham provided station coverage, according to Whitehouse.
While firefighters were able to save parts of the house, Whitehouse said the kitchen, living room and an enclosed two-season deck were “gutted.” He added other sections of the house incurred lesser damage from heat and smoke.
Whitehouse said firefighters used chain saws to cut into the roof to vent the fire. He estimated the fire caused between $70,000 and $80,000 worth of damage, but the home is insured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return