Home » News » Public Safety
Strafford house fire that caused $70,000 worth of damage under investigation
Firefighters and police returned to the scene Monday morning to begin investigating with members of the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Whitehouse said this includes two people who were reportedly inside the home when the fire began.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters from Barnstead, Barrington, Candia, Chichester, Epsom, Farmington, Northwood and Nottingham. Firefighters from New Durham provided station coverage, according to Whitehouse.
While firefighters were able to save parts of the house, Whitehouse said the kitchen, living room and an enclosed two-season deck were “gutted.” He added other sections of the house incurred lesser damage from heat and smoke.
Whitehouse said firefighters used chain saws to cut into the roof to vent the fire. He estimated the fire caused between $70,000 and $80,000 worth of damage, but the home is insured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over