Home » Sports » College Sports
Loon Mountain opens for skiing Friday
The resort will be open Saturday and Sunday, closed on Veterans Day, and then will reopen for the season on Friday, Nov. 15.
During the off-season Loon made improvements to the tune of $1.3 million, which included 100 new semi-automated snowmaking hydrants and 29 new high-efficiency low-energy tower guns. Loon also boosted its snowmaking water capacity by over 40 percent by installing two new pumps.
“The new snowmaking hydrants reduce snowmaking startup/shutdown times on key snowmaking trails by 75 percent,” said Kwasnik. “This allows us more flexibility in making snow during short cold-weather windows. In the past, we’d have to wait for a 12-hour window of cold weather to make snow; with these easy-on, easy-off hydrants, our snowmakers can now fire up the guns during a six-hour window.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longtime Goffstown resident remembered for his service - 0
- Great-granddaughter's effort gets late Colebrook chief on memorial - 0
- Souhegan Valley Chamber party will benefit Chaplain’s Emergency Relief Fund in Milford - 0
- New president named for memorial fund named after Greenland Chief Michael Maloney - 0
- Our Gourmet: A taste of Japan, just off Interstate 93 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Two ciders worth raising in a toast - 0
- Former NH resident Aliy Zirkle takes second in Iditarod after losing lead - 0
- Building on Hope provides boost for Amherst nonprofit - 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
2014-2015 Wildlife Rule Hearings Set
Search for the Shamrock
In loving defense of the humble, comfy clog
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'