Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
AG's report says protection order against dad who shot son had expired
Muni Savyon, who killed himself after shooting his son to death during a supervised visit at the YWCA in Manchester on Aug. 11.
The seven-page Attorney General's report also shows that the mother of the boy, Becky Ranes, had taken the proper steps after a March 2012 threatening conversation with Savyon, a dedicated Libertarian and Free State activist, over custody of their son.
Ranes filed charges and sought a domestic violence petition. However, Savyon denied making the threat and told authorities he didn't own a gun. Police never searched Savyon's home, which would have required a search warrant.
Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin said the mistaken expiration likely played no role in the killing. Authorities weren't able to determine when Savyon acquired his gun, but he probably did so in a private sale, Strelzin said.
But the Savyon extension was not put into the system, he said.
In a statement, the New Hampshire Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence said no one should be able to see a child that the person has threatened to kill.
• YWCA Program Director Katie Schelzel said the organization stopped using metal detectors because staff would not know what to do if a parent showed up with a gun. She said Savyon had been wanded in the past, and the wand went off. He blamed it on metal cans he brought in for his son.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- West Lebanon man accused of secretly recording child - 0
- Prosecutors seek to block documents from advisor's fraud trial - 0
- Former EMT receives probation for theft of fentanyl - 0
- Biker faces charges after high-speed chase at 127 mph - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 7
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 4
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 14
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
- Total Votes: 917