Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Domaingue lawyer says decision to set case aside so close to trial 'rare'
The trial was set to begin Nov. 18 with jury selection, but Gordon said the state had no choice but to set aside the charges pending additional investigation.
“If we run out of time and the court is not granting a continuance, our hands are tied. We can’t go forward knowing there’s more to be done,” she said.
“It’s a shame they got to within 30 days of trial to realize they hadn’t done as good a job as they wanted. So they must have their reasons for doing it. Normally, you would expect that before charging someone with a serious felony, one would have a good understanding of the evidence, and they didn’t,” he said.
Ruoff said this case involved an alleged image that was found on a Microsoft SkyDrive Cloud server that anyone could access.
As for the location of the alleged images on a SkyDrive rather than on a personal computer’s hard drive, she said, “I don’t think it matters much where it is (stored). We wouldn’t have brought charges if we hadn’t seen anything.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 1
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal