Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Domaingue lawyer says decision to set case aside so close to trial 'rare'
The trial was set to begin Nov. 18 with jury selection, but Gordon said the state had no choice but to set aside the charges pending additional investigation.
“If we run out of time and the court is not granting a continuance, our hands are tied. We can’t go forward knowing there’s more to be done,” she said.
“It’s a shame they got to within 30 days of trial to realize they hadn’t done as good a job as they wanted. So they must have their reasons for doing it. Normally, you would expect that before charging someone with a serious felony, one would have a good understanding of the evidence, and they didn’t,” he said.
Ruoff said this case involved an alleged image that was found on a Microsoft SkyDrive Cloud server that anyone could access.
As for the location of the alleged images on a SkyDrive rather than on a personal computer’s hard drive, she said, “I don’t think it matters much where it is (stored). We wouldn’t have brought charges if we hadn’t seen anything.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded - 1
- Bad drug label good for Rockingham - 0
- Nashua man charged in theft of sunglasses at Merrimack outlet - 0
- Nashua driver: No to plea deal in death of homeless man - 0
- Couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of woman - 3
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
- They're all about that bass fishing - 0
- Chamber guests told NH in urgent need of skilled workers - 1
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917