Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Domaingue lawyer says decision to set case aside so close to trial 'rare'
The trial was set to begin Nov. 18 with jury selection, but Gordon said the state had no choice but to set aside the charges pending additional investigation.
“If we run out of time and the court is not granting a continuance, our hands are tied. We can’t go forward knowing there’s more to be done,” she said.
“It’s a shame they got to within 30 days of trial to realize they hadn’t done as good a job as they wanted. So they must have their reasons for doing it. Normally, you would expect that before charging someone with a serious felony, one would have a good understanding of the evidence, and they didn’t,” he said.
Ruoff said this case involved an alleged image that was found on a Microsoft SkyDrive Cloud server that anyone could access.
As for the location of the alleged images on a SkyDrive rather than on a personal computer’s hard drive, she said, “I don’t think it matters much where it is (stored). We wouldn’t have brought charges if we hadn’t seen anything.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'