Fremont offers superintendent 5-year contract
In a 4-1 vote, the board approved the offer Tuesday night and is now negotiating the terms of the proposal.
She replaced Michelle Langa, who became Fremont’s superintendent in July 2012 but resigned before the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
Some 80 evaluation forms were filled out by teachers, staff members, community members and parents.
Cox said she and the board have worked well together since she started in July.
“(The board) got feedback from the community that they wanted the office to settle down,” she said.
“Of course we want to have the best school and have the highest level of learning among our students and a high quality culture in our school,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 15
- Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed - 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'