Lawmakers see another chance for wind farm reform
Reilly took part in a contentious meeting between residents of Alexandria and Iberdrola Renewables, the Spanish wind-power giant that has built the Groton Wind project and is proposing the Wild Meadows wind farm project for the Newfound Lake-Cardigan Mountain area.
Reilly said his bill was tabled by legislators who live in the southern part of the state and "don't know what's going on (in the Lakes Region)."
Reilly's bill comes before the committee again for a vote Tuesday morning. He thinks some of his fellow Science and Technology Committee members may have changed their minds.
Also present at the Alexandria meeting was Sen. Jeanie Forrester, R-Meredith. She is filing legislation that would take a close look at the state's Site Evaluation Committee, which deals with new applications for wind farms and other power-making proposals, such as the Northern Pass project.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice - 5
- Peterborough receives EPA ‘green power’ award - 0
- Work on largest solar project in state begins in Peterborough - 0
- 24-mile transmission line project could begin in late 2016 - 0
- Conflict rises over Millsfield agreement with wind farm - 0
- New Hampshire's energy future in 'crisis' - 53
- Gas pipeline talk in southern NH surprises many officials in towns by alternative route - 1
- Wind-power developer eyes Alexandria area again - 2
- Keystone bill passes U.S. House - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll