Wild Meadows wind farm scaled back
The new proposal, unveiled to Alexandria residents at the selectmen’s meeting Tuesday, includes just 23 turbines, with a 31 percent reduction in the project’s footprint, Cherian said.
It drops Grafton from the project completely because as project managers sought to reduce the size of the project, they found that the ridge line originally targeted in Grafton on Melvin Mountain was less desirable.
If the project goes through as presently designed, the town would receive more than $400,000 each year from the project, which is close to the yearly town budget, Cherian told Alexandria resident.
“Iberdrola appears to say whatever is expedient at the moment,” said Wind Watch’s Nancy Watson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say bomb threat called into Walmart was false - 0
- Couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of woman - 2
- Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser - 3
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 17
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance