Home » News » Public Safety
Candia chief's persistence gets couple out of burning home
On Tuesday, flames were shooting from the barn of the Rodiers' home on Depot Road in Candia.
R ay Rodier says he is grateful to the "pushy" police chief who saved Rodier and his wife, Marlene, from a fire that destroyed a 100-year-old barn and a good part of their house.
"He broke in through the front door, and I was in the bathroom downstairs and my wife was upstairs, and he wouldn't let us finish up, he just grabbed us and got us out of there," said Ray Rodier, who served as Candia's animal control officer for 27 years until he retired a few years ago. "The chief was very, very pushy, but in a good way. He is a good guy I tell you, in fact the entire police force is great."
"...I ran to the front door, and I saw smoke coming out, but not as heavy as out back, so I forced my way inside, and helped Ray and Marlene out of the house," McGillen said. "Ray was disoriented so I grabbed him and got them both to a neighbor's house."
"Mike and I grew up together, and he is a great guy. I would give up my right arm for him," Richard said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing