Home » News » Public Safety
Father of Abigail Hernandez makes plea for Amber Alert
“Since we are now approaching a month since she went missing I am urging law enforcement to take action, and issue the amber alert,” he wrote. “I strongly feel that it is well past time for law enforcement to use its ‘best judgment’ and make the call.”
But investigators say they are going by New Hampshire’s Amber Alert law, which has strict criteria. One requires that authorities have enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate alert will help.
“We don’t have any piece of evidence describing an individual or a vehicle,” FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said.
“It doesn’t meet the Amber Alert rule at all, we don’t have any direction like that to go in at all,” Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said.
“When a 15-year-old girl goes missing for almost a month with no sign of her, then there is the possibility that she could ‘be at risk for serious bodily harm or death,’” he wrote.
“Our intention has been to replicate an Amber Alert situation as closely as possible, to blanket the message boards, getting signs out, and we have attained a tremendous amount of media attention, almost to what you’d see in an Amber Alert,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads