Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
The conceptual plan will go before the Planning Board on Monday, Nov. 18. The hotel would be built on 2.3 acres behind the Bedford Village Inn on Olde Bedford Way.
“We may call it the Lodge at the Bedford Village Inn. It will have a lodgey feel to it, a warm, cozy look. We don’t want it to look like a spanking new hotel,” he said.
Carnevale said traffic flow may be a contentious issue.
The Highway Safety Committee has recommended that no left-hand turns be allowed from the inn at Olde Bedford Way onto Route 101 to ease traffic flow and prevent accidents. The council held a public meeting in July and decided to table the matter while the committee and Carnevale worked on placing signs recommending his guests take a left onto Olde Bedford Way to the light at Old Bedford Road and Route 101. Carnevale, at his own expense, has placed signs at the inn’s exits as recommended.
“I will fight this tooth and nail. There have never been any accidents at that intersection, and I will not subject my guests to peril by forcing them not to make a left turn. My guests don’t leave at prime time,” he said. “The town should not be dangling my feet to the fire and hold me hostage with this application.”
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.