Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Two men charged after purse snatching victim and boyfriend fight back
"I was hanging out the side of the door trying to get my purse back, and he (the driver) started punching me in the head," said LeClair, a petite woman who speaks softly. "I kept screaming, 'Give it back! Give it back!'"
LeClair and Hardy were walking together when they stopped to talk to a friend. LeClair said she noticed a silver van pass by, turn around and head back toward them. She said a man jumped out of the van and grabbed her lime green leather purse.
So when the man snatched her purse, she didn't hesitate. Neither did Hardy, who ran to the driver's side of the van, but the door was locked. He tried unsuccessfully to break the window with his elbow, but then went to help LeClair when he saw the driver punching her.
LeClair said she was hanging out the door when the driver pulled away and the door hit a street sign. The door bounced back and hit her in the ankle and knocked both her and Hardy to the ground. Hardy said he got a cut on a foot.
Two Manchester police officers were about a block away working a construction detail at Pine and Chestnut streets when they heard the commotion.
Officer Stephen Flynn saw the van leaving and called in a description of it to headquarters.
Patrol Officer Tyler Shaw spotted the van at Bridge and Chestnut streets and stopped it.
Valentine is charged with robbery, conduct after an accident and reckless conduct. Lemite is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- June graduate of St. Paul’s School indicted on sex assault charges - 0
- Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest - 0
- Judge orders prosecutors to disclose more details in Portsmouth bat beating probe - 0
- Former Claremont police dispatcher waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- Some sexual assault charges dismissed against Nashua caretaker - 0
- Dover man indicted in sexual assault of young girl - 0
- Rochester man facing attempted murder charge - 0
- Mother, daughter, man charged in prostitution case in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 10
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917